What is CDNsim
Content Distribution Networks (CDNs) have gained considerable research interest in the past few years. Therefore, there has been an increasing need for defining and developing efficient and robust simulation frameworks for carrying out high-fidelity CDN simulations.With this tool, we present a modeling and simulation framework for CDNs, called CDNsim.
Here is a summary of the features:
- Cooperative push based content management policy.
- Non-Cooperative push based content management policy.
- Cooperative pull based content management policy.
- Non-Cooperative pull based content management policy.
- LRU cache replacement policy.
- STATIC cache policy.
- TCP / IP networking.
- Wizard for creating self-contained simulations (bottles).
- Utility for executing unattended simulations.
- Utility for automatically generating results' reports.
- Utility for extracting statistics related to net-utility.
- Utility for converting Apache log files into CDNsim trace files.
- Extensible by implementing modules in the form of libraries.